1. Wash your Moin-moin/banana leaves and leave out to dry.
2. Layer the pot with the stalk of the leaves to create a base to place the wrapped moin moin on.
· 3 - 4 cups of beans
· 2 pieces of scotch bonnet/habanero pepper
· 2 cooking spoons of vegetable or palm oil
· 3 red bell pepper
· 1 medium red onion
· 2 cups of warm water
· Knorr chicken cubes
1. Peel the beans. To peel beans, you let it soak in coldwater for 15 minutes and you rub the bean seeds between your palms to loosenthe skin off the beans. Rinse the skin off the beans
2. Blend the beanswith the scotch bonnet, bell pepper and onion till you achieve a smooth paste.
3. Heat the vegetableoil up so that it is warm not hot. Mixthis into the bean paste and stirred till the oil properly combines.
4. Then add the warmwater to give a thinner paste. Whiskproperly.
5. Add salt andseasoning to taste. Once you get thedesired taste add a bit more salt as this evaporates whilst steaming.
6. Now wrap the beanpaste in local Moin-moin/banana leaves or pour in baking tin and steam forabout 40 minutes.